The Scientific Committee is pleased to invite authors to submit their abstracts for oral, poster presentations, and symposia, to be delivered at the 8th International Society for Physical Activity and Health (ISPAH) Congress (October 12-14. 2021) with its motto: “The Wholistic Approach to Health and Wellness Through Physical Activity: Body, Spirit, and Mind.”
The organizers of the 8th ISPAH Congress welcome the submissions of abstracts for original contributions to the field. Research in all topics related to physical activity, exercise, health, wellness, fitness, sports, recreation, etc. are welcomed. Key thematic areas have been provided below for you to aid in the grouping of topics and the selection of presentation types and times. Please select the relevant area with your submission.
Please note that owing to the COVID-19 pandemic that our Congress has been changed to a hybrid model with opportunities for in-person and virtual attendance. All submissions will be treated the same. Upon acceptance of your work, a member of the Scientific Committee will contact you to determine whether or not you will be attending in-person or virtually. Sessions will be organized to allow for the widespread participation of delegates from around the world considering different time zones.
Please make sure that you have signed into our website to login as a user so that you can participate as an author and/or reviewer. Further details on this process are available on the Guidelines for Submissions page on this website.
The consideration of Symposia and Workshops will begin on November 30, 2019. We will begin reviewing Abstracts formally by January 27, 2020. Please watch our website and our social media channels for further details.
- Measurement and Surveillance (Physical activity, Sedentary behaviour)
- Indigenous Health and Wellness
- Traditional Indigenous Health and Wellness Practices
- Knowledge Translation (Policy and Practice)
- Behaviour Change (Physical activity, Sedentary behaviour)
- Environment Active Transport
- Aging (Physical activity, Sedentary behaviour)
- Early Childhood (Physical activity, Sedentary behaviour)
- School-age Children (Physical activity, Sedentary behaviour)
- Adolescents (Physical activity, Sedentary behaviour)
- Epidemiology (Physical activity, Sedentary behaviour)
- Physical Activity Domains and Health
- Screen time
- Mental Health
- The 24-hour Movement Paradigm
- Implementation Science (Physical activity, Sedentary behaviour)
- Minority and/or Low-income Populations (Physical activity, Sedentary behaviour)
- Clinical Populations
- Sport and Recreation
- Workplace (Physical activity, Sedentary behaviour)
- Public Health Interventions
All abstract authors are asked to choose the closest relevant thematic area during the submission process.
Please contact our team at: firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions regarding the submission process.
30 November 2020 – Satellite meetings and symposia submissions open
27 January 2020 – Abstract Submissions Open Formally
1 February 2021 – Deadline for satellite meetings and symposia submissions
19 April 2021 – Deadline for abstract submissions