The Scientific Committee is pleased to invite authors to submit their abstracts for oral presentations, mini oral (2 min) presentations, and symposia/workshops, to be delivered at the 8th International Society for Physical Activity and Health (ISPAH) Congress (October 12-14. 2021) with its motto: “The Wholistic Approach to Health and Wellness Through Physical Activity: Body, Spirit, and Mind.”
ALL SUBMISSIONS ARE FREE!
The organizers of the 8th ISPAH Congress welcome the submissions of abstracts for original contributions to the field. Research in all topics related to physical activity, exercise, health, wellness, fitness, sports, recreation, etc. are welcomed. Key thematic areas have been provided below for you to aid in the grouping of topics and the selection of presentation types and times. Please select the relevant area with your submission.
Please note that owing to the COVID-19 pandemic that our Congress has been changed to a 100% VIRTUAL model with opportunities for in-person attendance at pre-Congress Satellite meetings.
Sessions will be organized to allow for the widespread participation of delegates from around the world considering different time zones. Please select the preferred time zone for your presentation.
Please make sure that you have signed into our website to login as a user so that you can participate as an author and/or reviewer. Further details on this process are available on the Guidelines for Submissions page on this website.
The consideration of Symposia and Workshops will begin on November 30, 2019. We will begin reviewing Abstracts formally by January 27, 2020. Please watch our website and our social media channels for further details.
- Measurement and Surveillance (Physical activity, Sedentary behaviour)
- Indigenous Health and Wellness
- Traditional Indigenous Health and Wellness Practices
- Knowledge Translation (Policy and Practice)
- Behaviour Change (Physical activity, Sedentary behaviour)
- Environment Active Transport
- Aging (Physical activity, Sedentary behaviour)
- Early Childhood (Physical activity, Sedentary behaviour)
- School-age Children (Physical activity, Sedentary behaviour)
- Adolescents (Physical activity, Sedentary behaviour)
- Epidemiology (Physical activity, Sedentary behaviour)
- Physical Activity Domains and Health
- Screen time
- Mental Health
- The 24-hour Movement Paradigm
- Implementation Science (Physical activity, Sedentary behaviour)
- Minority and/or Low-income Populations (Physical activity, Sedentary behaviour)
- Clinical Populations
- Sport and Recreation
- Workplace (Physical activity, Sedentary behaviour)
- Public Health Interventions
All abstract authors are asked to choose the closest relevant thematic area during the submission process.
Please contact our team at: firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions regarding the submission process.
The majority of presentations will be done in a pre-recorded fashion with the opportunity for live interaction at the scheduled time of presentation. During the scheduled sessions, each presentation will be played by the moderator and Chair via Zoom. A presenter from each submission must be available during the specific presentation time to answer questions.
Mini oral (2 min) presenters are expected to engage in the live sessions after their video is played. Presenters will also be able to respond to questions during the presentation via the Chat feature.
Presentations will take place in three time zones to allow for the maximum participation of delegates from around the world. Please select your preferred time zone for presentation with your submission.
Key Dates (Updated Mar 19/21)
|19 March 2021||Announcement and submission reminder|
|30 April 2021||Deadline for symposia submissions|
|5 May 2021||Notification of symposia acceptance|
|21 June 2021||Deadline for abstract (oral and e-poster) submissions|
|26 July 2021||Notification of abstract acceptance|
|3 October 2021||Regular registration deadline|
|4-14 October 2021||Late registration|
|12-14 October 2021||Congress|