The 8th ISPAH 2020 Congress will be held at the internationally renowned Vancouver Convention Centre. The Vancouver Convention Centre is conveniently located in the heart of Vancouver, with easy access to the Vancouver International Airport (YVR). Our congress will specifically take place at:
VANCOUVER CONVENTION CENTRE EAST BUILDING
999 CANADA PLACE, VANCOUVER, BC V6C 3C1 +1 604-689-8232 INFO@VANCOUVERCONVENTIONCENTRE.COM
The Vancouver Convention Centre is the ideal location for ISAPH 2020 owing to easy access to public transportation and major amenities within walking distance.
Directions to Vancouver Convention Centre
The Vancouver Convention Centre can be reached easily by an efficient transit system (including the SkyTrain, buses, and the SeaBus), plentiful taxis, limousine services, and scenic float planes (to the doorstep of the convention centre). Situated in one of the world’s most walkable cities, the Vancouver Convention Centre is also easily accessible on foot from the many downtown hotels. Vancouver boasts an expansive bike route network, which the Vancouver Convention Centre is proud to be a part of. For further information please visit the Vancouver Convention Centre and/or Tourism Vancouver.
The official language of the conference is English. Abstracts and presentations will be given in English.
The average temperature in Vancouver in late October and early November is 4-9°C, with a relative humidity of 84-91%, and with a strong possibility of rain. The climate may be wet, but it is seldom unpleasant. Snow is rare during this time of year in the lower mainland of Vancouver. The coastal mountains are located a short distance (15-30 min) from downtown Vancouver and may be covered with snow. The hockey season will be in full swing this time of year.
The general dress is informal for the conference. For those wanting to enjoy the spectacular views that Vancouver has to offer we recommend packing the following clothing:
- Warm, waterproof clothing (such as rain jacket), sweaters, comfortable walking (close toed) shoes, and an umbrella (space permitting)
Liability and Insurance
The organizer is not responsible for injury or damage involving persons and/or property during the conference. It is advised that all delegates, sponsors, and exhibitors secure their own personal travel insurance.
ISPAH 2020 has partnered with Air Canada, as the Official Airline for the Event.
Pursuant to Terms and Conditions, Air Canada is offering special discounts to ISPAH 2020 delegates travelling to Vancouver for the 2020 International Society for Physical Activity and Health Congress, which will be held Wednesday, October 28, 2020 to Saturday, October 31, 2020. The discount is valid for Air Canada flights.
Please use the following promotion code when booking your flights through Air Canada (www.aircanada.com): Your Promotion Code: BF4WD9C1
- This promotion code can be used for 400 passengers on aircanada.com.
- The booking is to be made to the following city: Vancouver, YVR (BC)
- The travel period begins Wednesday, October 21, 2020 and ends Saturday, November 07, 2020.
- Travel is valid Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday.
- NOT ALL FARES ARE ELIGIBLE FOR A DISCOUNT. No discount will apply to Tango bookings for travel within Canada or between Canada and the U.S. For International travel (destinations outside North America), discounts apply to all fares including Tango.
- Discounts apply to round trip travel only.
- Not valid with other discounts, certificates, coupons, or promotional offers.
- Fare rules will determine eligibility.
Important Information for Foreign Visitors
Effective November 14, 2016, the Government of Canada has introduced a new entry requirement, known as an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA), that applies to visa-exempt foreign nationals travelling to or transiting Canada by air.
For more further details and information on how to apply for an eTA, please read more on eTA requirements.
Need a Letter of Invitation for your VISA?
We are happy to provide Letters of Invitation to registered attendees. For further information and to request a visa, please read more on visa requests.
Official Airline Partner